Monday, February 13, 2012

100 DAY Challenge - How are you?

Well, we are in month 2 of our 100 day challenge. How are you doing? How is your resolution going? IS it still going?

We've had the winter-crud vandalize our bodies the last three weeks; kids, then husband, then me... all with that long-lasting junk filling our lungs and sinuses....yuck. It made everything else take a back seat. Laundry piled up. Dishes may or may not have been cleaned or put away. Vacuum? Dust? My 100 day challenge? Blog? (insert sigh here) It has been a long three weeks.

So what do you do when the unexpected interrupts your resolutions?

Plan for the unexpected. Make preparations ahead of time for what to do when_____ happens. My resolution revolves around eating choices, and there was a birthday and Valentine's Day and Easter to consider....how do I stay committed and not be offensive? How do I keep on track and not weaken my resolve?

We plan to fail when we fail to plan.

Having a line of attack set in our minds for when the unexpected happens, strengthens our resolve and ups our chances for success....

And yet.....(when I was a child, my siblings and I were notorious for saying, "Yeah but!" after everything my parents said...so much so, that we were not allowed to say, "yeah but" anymore. So we changed it to anything that remotely said the same thing. "And yet" became my personal favorite.)

And yet....is our resolution only for the sake of success? Of winning? Of saying we made it 100 Days? Or rather is that just a part of the point. But the REAL point is the deepening of our relationship with the One who carries us through the victories and defeats of our lives.

Plan for the unexpected, be ready...do what you can do with what you have in the time you are given, and then rest in the loving arms of Him who rides you on the train of His triumph......

2 comments:

  1. Doing good!!! Staying in the word everyday! Loving the Beth Moore bible study we are doing.

    On another note, staying as organized as possible and reprioritzing activities!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mandy...I don't have a profile. lol

      Delete