Wednesday, January 18, 2012

100 DAYS: Week Three

Well friends, I MEANT to blog more than this-once-every-18-days....I smile as I type that because how many of us in our 100 DAY Challenge commitments have already stumbled? How many of us have already fallen flat on our faces? I smile as I ask, because I can quickly answer "yep, that'd be me" to both of the questions.

I have already stumbled in my challenge.

I have already fallen FLAT on my face.

And it's okay.

It's okay! I am glad that I have stumbled if for nothing more than I can tell you - by experience - that it's okay. Walking this journey with you, with dirt on my knees and scrapes on my elbows only let's you know two things: I'm committed to see this thing through, AND I'm giving it all I've got, though not perfectly.

I hope my hiccups on the journey give you permission to admit any of your own, to allow yourself the freedom to make mistakes.

Because, can I share I secret with you?

This 100 DAY Challenge is NOT about committing to a resolution perfectly....

It's about continually entrusting yourself to the One who IS perfect while you focus on this new goal.

The goal is not the point; perfection is not the point. Walking in a closer tandem with God is the point. And perhaps you might share similarity with me; perhaps an effective means to get you to keep pace with the King is to realize you can't take a step without Him: ESPECIALLY when starting something new. Your resolution is important and good; but what you learn about Him and yourself through the process is KEY.

So how ARE you doing? How have the last 18 days been? Share as you feel free to...and keep going. In the words of anyone who has tasted success: Get up. Keep going. The only failure is to stop before you've finished.

2 comments:

  1. Pauletta - Kernersvile This is a portion of my devotional this morning in Jesus Calling. I am the goal of all your searching. When lesser goals capture your attention, I fade into the background of your life. I am still there, watching and waiting: but you function as if you were alone. Actually, My Light shines on every stiuation you will ever face. Live radiantly by expanding your focus to include Me in all your moments. Let nothing dampen your search for me.
    This reminds me to keep praying over my resolution even tho it is beginning to change in some aspects. It is when I take my eyes off Jesus that I stumble and reminding me that He is there even in the stumbles that I will be sucessful in my resolution as long as I
    Turn My Eyes Upon Jesus. A hymn that I truly love.

    ReplyDelete